Forrest is an associate in the firm's Oil and Gas Section. He is a member of the Oil, Gas and Energy Resources Law Section of the State Bar of Texas. Forrest regularly examines land titles and renders opinions for acquisition, drilling, and division order purposes. He also represents oil and gas companies and individuals in structuring, negotiating, and documenting oil and gas transactions, including purchase and sale agreements, joint operating agreements, assignments, leases, participation agreements, farmout agreements, and other agreements used in the exploration and development of oil and gas.
Forrest previously practiced civil litigation, representing corporate and individual clients in a broad range of practice areas, including construction, commercial and insurance matters. Prior to joining the bar, he worked as an international tax accountant before earning his law degree from the University of Houston Law Center. During law school, he served as a judicial intern to the Honorable Marcia A. Crone (U. S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas) and to the Honorable Xavier Rodriguez (U. S. District Court, Western District of Texas). Forrest began his career as a fracturing operator.
- Texas, 2014
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- University of Houston Law Center, Houston, Texas
- J.D. - 2014
- University of Houston
- B. B. A. - 2008
- Major: Accounting
- Speaker, Joint Operating Agreement Impact on Record Title, AAPL Seminar – August 30, 2019
- “Co-Presenter, Master Service Agreements for Oil and Gas: Negotiating and Structuring Techniques, Key Provisions, Court Treatment, Strafford Webcast, December 19, 2019”
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Certified Public Accountant, 2009 (Active)