Health Care Law and Regulation
West Texas Health Care Law Attorneys
It is in the best interest of every health care professional and every health care organization to have knowledgeable legal counsel available to provide advice, ensure regulatory compliance and represent the organization's interests in the wide range of legal matters that touch the health care industry.
The health care law attorneys at Cotton Bledsoe Tighe & Dawson, P.C., handle the business, transactional, and regulatory needs of West Texas hospitals and health care professionals — as well as representing doctors, nurses and hospitals in administrative matters and civil litigation.
Led by attorney Darren S. Skyles, who serves as legal counsel to Midland Memorial Hospital, our health care law attorneys provide knowledgeable advice and legal representation to health care organizations large and small.
The types of legal issues with which we assist physicians' groups, hospitals and individual health care professionals include:
- Health care practice formation and dissolution, including health care joint ventures
- Negotiation of corporate transactions and drafting of agreements to purchase or sell health care practices
- Advising on legal issues pertaining to corporate compliance
- Formation of hospital corporate compliance programs, policies and procedures
- Managing and responding to Office of Civil Rights investigations of HIPAA compliance
- Managing and responding to Office of Inspector General or Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services investigations
- Advising on internal audits to ensure compliance with the Stark Law, other anti-kickback and anti-referral statutes, the Emergency Medical Treatment and Labor Act (EMTALA), investigations by the Office of Inspector General (OIG) or the Texas Department of Health and Human Services
- Drafting of employment and contractor agreements, including medical director agreements
- Counseling on questions relating to physician credentialing
- Counseling on nonprofit taxation issues
- Assessing and advising on risk management and medical malpractice claims prevention
- Managing collections for medical offices
For more information about our health care law practice, contact our office to schedule an appointment.