A Full Spectrum of Business Law Services
In addition to our commercial litigation practice, Cotton Bledsoe Tighe & Dawson, P.C., has an extensive business and entity law practice, sharing our experience in every phase of corporate, business, financial and tax-related matters.
Clients from throughout the state of Texas frequently call upon our advanced experience in all areas of entity law. Our business lawyers have a strong reputation for successfully structuring and drafting documents for all business transactions – particularly those relating to the oil and gas industry.
Our Entity Law Attorneys Handle Business Transactions Simple and Complex
Cotton Bledsoe Tighe & Dawson, P.C., attorneys routinely handle the following types of transactions:
- Acquisitions or divestitures involving either assets, stock or mergers
- Tax advising for every stage during a business life cycle, including incorporation, growth, merger and acquisition or sale
- Formation of both taxable and non-profit organizations including limited liability companies, registered limited liability partnerships, limited partnerships, joint ventures, non-profit foundations and non-profit charity organizations
- Entity conversions
- Bond and debt transactions
- Securities offerings
- Filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission and state securities authorities
- Oil and gas drilling funds
- Oil, gas, and power related securities transactions, acquisitions and mergers
- Commercial real estate transactions, including traditional transactions and like-kind exchanges
- Representation of local and regional financial institutions in transactions involving traditional credit arrangements as well as mezzanine financing and other complex structures
- Negotiation and drafting of master service agreements (MSAs), most frequently between oil and gas exploration and production companies and service companies
- Advice and representation in commercial loan workouts and debt restructuring as alternatives to traditional bankruptcies
- Representation of lenders and other secured and unsecured creditors in Chapter 11, Chapter 13 and Chapter 7 bankruptcy proceedings
- Any and all transactional or litigation-related legal matters involving labor or employment law
Our clients range from locally owned small businesses to multi-million dollar Fortune 500 firms.
Contact our firm to discuss your business-related legal issues.