Business and Entity Law
A Full Spectrum of Business Law Services
In addition to our commercial litigation practice, Cotton Bledsoe has an extensive business and entity law practice, sharing our experience in every phase of corporate, business, financial and tax-related matters.
Clients from throughout the state of Texas frequently call upon our advanced experience in all areas of entity law. Our business lawyers have a strong reputation for successfully structuring and drafting documents for all business transactions — particularly those relating to the oil and gas industry.
Our Entity Law Attorneys Handle Business Transactions Simple and Complex
Cotton Bledsoe attorneys routinely handle the following types of transactions:
- Acquisitions or divestitures involving either assets, stock or mergers
- Tax advising for every stage during a business life cycle, including incorporation, growth, merger and acquisition or sale
- Formation of both taxable and non-profit organizations including limited liability companies, registered limited liability partnerships, limited partnerships, joint ventures, non-profit foundations and non-profit charity organizations
- Entity conversions
- Bond and debt transactions
- Securities offerings
- Filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission and state securities authorities
- Oil and gas drilling funds
- Oil, gas, and power related securities transactions, acquisitions and mergers
- Commercial real estate transactions, including traditional transactions and like-kind exchanges
- Representation of local and regional financial institutions in transactions involving traditional credit arrangements as well as mezzanine financing and other complex structures
- Negotiation and drafting of master service agreements (MSAs), most frequently between oil and gas exploration and production companies and service companies
- Advice and representation in commercial loan workouts and debt restructuring as alternatives to traditional bankruptcies
- Representation of lenders and other secured and unsecured creditors in Chapter 11, Chapter 13 and Chapter 7 bankruptcy proceedings
- Any and all transactional or litigation-related legal matters involving labor or employment law
Our clients range from locally owned small businesses to multi-million dollar Fortune 500 firms.
Contact our firm to discuss your business-related legal issues.