George practices in the firm’s Oil and Gas Section. He is licensed to practice before all Texas state courts and the United States District Courts for the Northern, Eastern, and Southern Districts of Texas and the United States Tax Court. He is Board Certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in Oil, Gas and Mineral Law and handles a wide range of matters relating to the oil and gas industry.
AREAS OF CONCENTRATION
Oil and Gas Title Examination
George devotes a significant portion of his practice to the examination of land titles and rendering opinions for acquisition, drilling, and division order purposes. Title opinions may be based on abstract examination or done by stand-up examination in the county clerk’s office.
Oil and Gas Transactional Work
George represents oil and gas companies and individuals in structuring, negotiating, and documenting oil and gas transactions, including purchase and sale agreements, joint operating agreements, assignments, leases, participation agreements, farmout agreements, and other agreements that a client may need in the exploration and development of oil and gas.
Areas of Practice
- Oil and Gas Title Examination
- Oil and Gas Transactions
- Texas, 2010
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- U.S. Tax Court
- Southern Methodist University School of Law, Dallas, Texas
- J.D. - 2010
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Member, Phi Delta Phi Legal Honors Society
- Southeastern Oklahoma State University
- B.B.A. - 2001
- Major: Business Management
- Co-Author and Presenter, Sizing Up Shale States – A Comparison of Mineral Law in North Dakota, Pennsylvania, and Ohio, presenting the Pennsylvania law portion of paper – 27th Annual Review of Oil and Gas Law, Dallas Bar Association Section of Energy Law, August 17, 2012.
- Author and Presenter, Forming Limited Liability Companies in Texas – Corporate Law Section of the Dallas Area Paralegal Association, August 22, 2016.
- Author and Presenter, Limited Partnerships in Texas – Corporate Law Section of the Dallas Area Paralegal Association, August 29, 2017.
- Author and Presenter, Privileged, Confidential, and “For Internal Use Only”: What’s the Difference? – Corporate Law Section of the Dallas Area Paralegal Association, December 12, 2017.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Midland County Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of Texas Section of Oil, Gas & Energy Law, Member
- American Association of Professional Landmen (AAPL) , Member
Pro Bono Activities
- Member of the Pro Bono College of the State of Texas, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2017
- Member, Midland County Pro Bono Advisory Board
- Volunteer Attorney, Legal Aid of Northwest Texas, Inc. in Midland County, Texas
- Volunteer Attorney, Legal Aid of Northwest Texas, Inc. in Dallas County, Texas (2013 – 2017)
- Volunteer Attorney, Human Rights Initiative of North Texas, Inc. (2015 – 2016)
- Volunteer Attorney, Disability Rights Texas (2016)