Gerry J. Weisenfels
- Oil and Gas Transactional Work
- Oil and Gas Title Examination
- Oil and Gas Financing
Gerry Weisenfels practices in the firm's Oil and Gas Section and handles a wide range of matters relating to the oil and gas industry.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Oil and Gas Transactional Work
Gerry represents oil and gas companies and individuals in structuring, negotiating, and documenting oil and gas transactions. He prepares purchase and sale agreements, assignments, leases, seismic option agreements, farmout agreements, participation agreements, joint operating agreements, and other documents a client may need in order to purchase, explore for and develop oil and gas reserves.
Gerry assists clients with curative work, and drafts stipulations and cross-conveyances, deeds, royalty assignments, ratifications, and other relevant documents. He also counsels clients in the development and operation of producing properties, including unit formations and maintenance, leasing matters, and surface use.
Oil and Gas Title Examination
Gerry examines title for all types of opinions, including drilling title opinions, division order title opinions and acquisition title opinions. Title opinions may be based on abstract examination or done by stand-up examination in the county clerk's office.
Oil and Gas Financing
Gerry has experience in the representation of financial institutions and borrowers in structuring, negotiating, and documenting oil and gas and other commercial loans, including both senior and subordinated lending.
- The University of Texas School of Law, Austin, Texas
- J.D., with honors - 2003
- The University of Texas at Austin
- B.B.A., Finance - 1998
- Texas, 2003
- State Bar of Texas, Member
- Midland County Bar Association, Member
- American Association of Professional Landmen, Member
- Permian Basin Landmen’s Association, Member
- Midland Odessa Business and Estate Council, Member
Classes & Seminars
- Speaker, The Probate Process from Start to Finish, National Business Institute, Midland, Texas, 2015
- Speaker, Getting Started in the Oil Business, Midland College, Midland, Texas, 2007